He studied painting in Munich, where he took lessons from Nikolaos Gyzis from 1883 to 1887, the year he returned to Greece. In 1891 he was appointed professor at the Evelpidon (Army Cadet) School and in 1910 preservationist at the National Gallery. He took part in group exhibitions in Athens (Parnassos Hall, 1901 1905, Greek Artistic Society, 1907) and in Alexandria (1905).
He is numbered among the avant garde Greek landscape painters at the end of the 19th and the opening decades of the 20th century. His work made use of the innovative doctrines of German impressionism.