He studied chemistry at the University of Oxford and starting in 1907 took painting lessons at the Munich Academy under Gabriel von Hackl. He came to Athens in 1912/1913, after first visiting London and Paris. In 1917 he took part in the exhibition of the Society of Greek Artists and in 1931 exhibited with the Art Group. He also took part in the Venice Biennales of 1934 and 1936, as well as the Panhellenio of 1938. In 1961 a retrospective of his work was presented by the Zygos gallery.
He was primarily occupied with landscape and portraiture, leaving behind a limited amount of work of an impressionistic or post-impressionistic character, distinguished for its sensitivity and delicacy.