After taking his first painting lessons from Theodoros Lekos, he studied at the School of Fine Arts under Yannis Moralis while at the same time taking further lessons from Eleni Zongolopoulou. In 1956 he went to Paris where he studied lithography at the School of Fine Arts, painting under Andre Lhote and mosaic and fresco under Gino Severini. He stayed in the French capital till 1975 with trips to New York, Iran and the Far East and then returned to Greece where he lives and works.
He started to exhibit in 1956, presenting his first solo show in Athens. This was followed by other solo exhibits, several in cooperation with Alexandros Iolas and appearances in group exhibitions in Greece and abroad. In 1984 a retrospective of his work was presented at the Pieridis Gallery.
In his painting, which consists of obvious unities of works, color is the dominant element and contributes to the creation of compositions with large surfaces, while the use of pleated plastic breaks up the traditional flatness, thus lending a relief-like, wavy texture. Following the same thought process, he uses color in sculptural compositions, intervening in the forms of well-known classical works and provoking a different interpretation of them, as well as in the installations and sculptural environments he creates which combine the basic elements of his painting and sculpture.