An icon painter and wood sculptor, Konstantinos Papadimitriou came from Vracha, in Evrytania, a mountainous region in central Greece; he lived and worked in the 19th century. For many years he worked at Polygyros, Chalkidiki; he made the church temple at Argalasti, Volos and the throne of the Virgin at Makrynitsa (1843). In his secular wood sculpture, which combines sculpture and painting, he also depicted famous heroes from the Greek War of Independence (1821), such as “Georgios Karaiskakis” in the National Gallery collection. Three such figures, carved in wood and painted, including “Markos Botsaris”, belong to the National History Museum. In 1830, he also made in-the-round statues and group sculptures at Neochori in Zagora (Pelion).