Son of an icon painter, he studied painting under Yannis Moralis and Umvertos Argyros and engraving under Yannis Kefallinos at the Athens School of Fine Arts (1946-1954). On a two-year scholarship from the University of Athens and a one-year grant from the State Scholarship Service, he continued his studies in Paris (1954-1958), where he attended lessons at the School of Fine Arts, the Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, the Ecole Speciale de l’Architecture and the School of the Louvre. He returned to Greece in 1964 and started teaching at the Vakalo School in 1976.
In 1970 he undertook the interior decoration with egg tempera of the Municipal Theater of Patras. He was a founding member of the Section art group. He has presented his works in solo, group and international exhibitions (The Alexandria Biennale, 1958 and the Sao Paolo Biennale, 1975).
In his painting, infused with the feeling of plasticity and introspection, he has consistently served the abstract idiom.