He studied at the Athens School of Fine Arts (1954-1960), under Yannis Moralis and Spyros Papaloukas. In 1960, on scholarship from the Mika Skouze Estate, he went for the first time to Paris, where he continued his studies at the School of Fine Arts with Maurice Brianchon, from 1963 until 1966, on subsidy by the Greek State Grant Foundation. In 1960, his first solo exhibition was organised at the Municipal Library of Rethymnon; his work was shown in solo and group exhibitions in Greece and abroad. In 1983, a retrospective exhibition of his work was organised at the Saint Mark Basilica in Heraklion and in 1986, one year after his death, at the National Gallery. In 1968, he was appointed assistant at the School of Fine Arts preparatory class, where he taught until 1978; he wrote the study “The Medium of Oil,” published in 1981 by the Athens School of Fine Arts for the use of students.
In his painting, he first focused on still lifes and interiors, emanating from his personal experiences, approaching his compositions in a naturalist vein and emphasizing specific objects. Later, he was to develop his own critique of the political situation through the introduction of objects of a symbolic character (flags, medals of honour, trumpets), while in the latest phase of his work he focused on female nudes and portraits.