He spent his childhood in Zitsa and, later, Ioannina. From 1932 to 1937 he studied at the School of Fine Arts under Pavlos Mathiopoulos, Umvertos Argyros and Konstantinos Parthenis. In 1938 he was appointed to the artistic division of the National Archaeological Museum and discharged by the occupation government. In 1944 he would not accept his appointment to position of director of the branch of the Athens School of Fine Arts on Tinos. In 1946 he presented his works to the Athenian public for the first time in a group exhibition at the French Institute. This was followed by solo shows and group appearances. He also began to teach art at Athens College in 1946 and letter design at the Vakalo School, from 1958 to 1962. In 1960 he founded the Gallery of Modern Greek Art in Ioannina. In 1992 the Greek Chamber of Visual Arts put him up as a candidate for the UNESCO Peace Prize. He has been a member of the Administrative Council of the Culture Center of the Municipality of Athens and member of the Administrative Council as well as President of the Artistic Committee of the National Gallery. In 1994 a retrospective exhibition of his work was held at the Argo gallery.
Carrying on the quests of the Greek “Thirties Generation” in his painting, he always adhered to realism.