She took painting and drawing lessons from Giorgos Bouzianis (1953) and studied sculpture at the Geneva School of Fine Arts with Max Weber and Henri Konig (1954-1958). She was founding member of the “Group for Communication and Education in Art” (1976), as well as member of the National Gallery Art Committee (1992-1994). In 1978-1980, she taught at Deree College, Athens.
Her first solo exhibition was mounted at Kouros Gallery, Athens (1959); solo and group exhibitions followed, including Panhellenic exhibitions, the Salon de la Jeune Sculpture in Paris, the Budapest Triennale (1978), the Europalia in Belgium (1982), as well as the exhibition “Metamorphoses of the Modern” at the National Gallery (1992).
Following a short transitional period of abstract explorations, Frosso Michalea applied herself completely to abstract sculpture. Employing clear geometric forms, she created compact rectangular volumes in limestone; she then turned to wood, her compositions distinguished by a balanced interplay of horizontal and vertical axes. From 1985, she began exploring the utilisation of space, using painted steel sheets, extending sideways or perpendicular and sometimes representing natural forms.