He studied at the Athens School of Fine Arts under Konstantinos Volanakis and Nikephoros Lytras. In 1906 he went to Germany and completed his studies at the Munich Academy under Heinrich von Zugel and then lived in London from 1908 to 1910. After his return to Greece he opened a studio and actively participated in social and artistic life, taking part in many exhibitions. He was a member of the Athenian Club, as well as the Publication Committee for the celebration of the 100 year anniversary of the Greek War of Independence and also participated in the founding of the Art Group. In addition, he served as director of the branches of the School of Fine Arts in Hydra and Delphi.
His work is made up of scenes from everyday life and landscapes which he rendered in an impressionistic manner. At the same time, he followed the thematic specialization of his teacher Zugel and displayed an interest in the depiction of animals.